Issue with the DVD iso download?

Honnon, Chris CHonnon at chittenden.com
Wed Nov 12 16:54:50 UTC 2008

Thanks for such a rapid response :-)

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams [mailto:ivazqueznet at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:51 AM
To: Honnon, Chris
Cc: webmaster at fedoraproject.org
Subject: Re: Issue with the DVD iso download?

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 11:29 -0500, Honnon, Chris wrote:
> I'm attempting to download the 3.3 gig DVD iso at the following link
> and am not having any luck getting anything but a 0k empty file:
>
> http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/9/Fedora/i
> 386/iso/Fedora-9-i386-DVD.iso
>
> I am looking for potential issues on my side but I thought I would at
> least attempt to drop a note to this address to report the trouble in
> case it is an issue with the link or one of the mirrors, etc.
>
> I am able to DL the file by browsing to

http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/9/Fedora/i38
6/iso/ and clicking on the file itself.

http://download.fedoraproject.org/ doesn't actually have the files; it
just redirects to one of the many public mirrors that Fedora has. And
not all web servers handle files larger than 2GiB properly. It is
possible that you got 2 different mirrors each of the times you tried to
get the file, one not working well with the size, and one that was.

The security, delivery, and timeliness of delivery of electronic mail sent over the Internet is not guaranteed. Most electronic mail is not secured. Do not send us confidential information like social security numbers, account numbers, or driver’s license numbers by electronic mail.

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination, or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from the computer.