metalinks for F10 download pages

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Fri Oct 3 04:32:18 UTC 2008

mirrors.fp.o now supports metalinks [1].  metalinks are XML documents
that act like a yum mirrorlist, but with more detail, allowing client
download tools to more easily select a mirror that will be fastest for
them.

Just as you have the BitTorrent, Direct Download, and Jigdo columns
now, I'd like to consider adding a Metalink column.

It's easy to get the metalink URL for a given download.fp.o ISO URL.

http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/test/10-Beta/Fedora/i386/iso/Fedora-10-Beta-i386-DVD.iso

becomes

http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?path=pub/fedora/linux/releases/test/10-Beta/Fedora/i386/iso/Fedora-10-Beta-i386-DVD.iso

(e.g. s:download:mirrors:, s:pub(.*):metalink?path=pub$1: )

Let me know if you have any questions.  If you wanted to add them to
the 10-Beta download page now, that'd be fine with me too.

Thanks,
Matt
Fedora Mirror Wrangler.

[1] http://metalinker.org/