Planet Fedora language selection

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 10 22:32:10 UTC 2008

On 2008-10-09 11:37:16 AM, Ed Avis wrote:
> Most web browsers let you configure a list of languages you
> understand.  The browser sends that information in the http request
> (Accept-Language).  Could this be used to filter the Planet Fedora
> blogs so that you only see ones in languages you can read?
Hi, I think there was some talk about this recently, and I think it
might be possible.

Could we add a lang variable to the people config and then set a CSS
class based on that language?  That way, we can have some javascript or
something to hide all posts marked with that class.

Seth, is in line with the previous discussions we've had about letting
users filter their planet view?

Thanks,
Ricky