preparing websites content for Fedora 10

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 17:47:22 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 08:32:02AM -0400, Max Spevack wrote:
> I have always thought that we need something that is the equivalent of
> (but obviously rewritten, I'm exaggerating to make a point):
>
> "Is this the first time you're trying to install a Linux operating
> system and you're completely confused, because no one has ever even told
> you that there are different types of computer hardware, and your
> machine is from Dell or HP or one of the big vendors?  Then CLICK HERE
> and we'll give you something that will probably just work."
>
> And we give them the x86 Desktop Live CD.  And we make that really big
> and prominent, not hidden at the bottom or off in the corner.

Thank you for reminding me, because we talked about this months ago in
Raleigh IIRC.  This should go at the top, and everything else should
be *HIDDEN* until the user makes a choice:

"Are you new to Linux?  Are you unsure about your computer's hardware?
If so, choose 'FOR BEGINNERS' below.  If you feel comfortable giving
more details, choose 'FOR EXPERTS'."

New to Linux?  Unsure of      Do you know what kind of
your computer's hardware?     processor you have, or
Select this option.           what kind of Fedora you
                              want?  Select this option.

       fedora			    fedora
   [FOR BEGINNERS] 	         [FOR EXPERTS]

(The "For Experts" button then exposes the first option for arch info,
and so on.