Contributing to Fedora ...

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 15 18:39:27 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 11:28 +0100, "Mark O'Neill" wrote:
> I wish to contribute a free software development which uses Fedora-core but
> don''t know quite how to go
> about it. I have put together a package based on coLinux and FC6/FC8 which
> enables an XP or Vista box
> to host a fully function fedora core based Linux system as a geuest
> operating system. It offers all (or most)
> of the features one would expect in a full Fedora core distribution.
>
> The problems I am having is that non of the open-source sites have the space
> to host a project several
> gigabytes in size -- do you know of any way I can get this hosted? Uptake
> would like to be good - I have
> had many requests for the system which I am supplying on an as-is basis via
> DVD at the moment.

Interesting: Is there a process/program a user on XP/Vista can go use to
take a normal Fedora DVD or LiveCD and turn it into a guest?  If so it
would probably be best for us to host the program/process and document
it for the user.

But in general I think we'd be interested in it.

Also, is it free software?

thanks,
-sv