Fedora 11 Countdown Banner?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Apr 3 07:11:29 UTC 2009

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 04:54:49PM +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> Marc Ferguson wrote:
>>> I have the same JavaScript code on my blog that was used for the Fedora
>>> 10 release.  I saw a blog entry
>>> (http://blog.berkenpies.nl/2009/04/02/fedora-11-countdown-counter-part-2/)
>>> talking about the Fedora 11 counter, but it's the same exact code that I
>>> have on my site.  My site is still showing Fedora 10.  Does a Fedora 11
>>> counter exist?
>> It is early, for the last releases we had it running in the last month or
>> so, when we had quite sure the release date will not have a major delay.
>>
>> AFAIK, Paolo Leoni from the Art Team, who did the graphics for F10,
>> expressed the interest to make them for F11 too.
>>
>> The artwork used in the Beta release (Greek landscape with temple) is
>> going to be replaced with something completely different, so once we are
>> settled on the wallpaper graphic, the counter can be made to fit it.
>
> Also, this showed up in my reading of the Fedora Planet this morning:
>
> http://blog.berkenpies.nl/?p=128

That was the updated version after I commented on his first try
(http://blog.berkenpies.nl/?p=127). It seems he has no intention of
making a version that will fit the fedoraproject.org layout, so we will
do our own, complete with translations and everything.

I saw Paolo's reply down the thread and I am happy he is on the job.