Make x86_64 more visible or even the default choice

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 10:16:13 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 3:25 AM, Kamisamanou Burgess
<kamisamanou at kamisamanou.net> wrote:
> I had actually considered the idea that since clicking on download does
> provide the i686 would skew those statistics, but those who don't know what
> they are looking for, aren't likely to have a reason to use the other 64bits
> of there system. If they want it, they know it.

Most user don't know what they want they just want to install Fedora.
It's our job to let them download the version that utilizes there
hardware better (and on most modern systems that is x86_64).

There is no reason to not use x86_64 on a system that supports it.

Most of the comments to this should be answered by this:
http://www.amd64.org/fileadmin/user_upload/pub/64bit_Linux-Myths_and_Facts.pdf