Fedora 11 Countdown Banner

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Apr 28 14:58:27 UTC 2009

On 04/28/2009 04:32 PM, Mostafa Daneshvar wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 20:23 -0400, Ricky Zhou wrote:
>> Hi, Paolo Leoni made the countdown banner for this release, and we'd
>> love to have it translated in a few languages (no rush or anything
>> though, we'll be continuously pushing translations online until the
>> release).
>>
>> The source SVG is at
>> http://fedoraproject.org/static/images/counter/en/deepsky-fedora11-countdown-banner_en.svg
[...]
> It's very ugly at least for Persian and Balochi. I've made a test for
> its translation but outcome is too bad :D. Blurs makes it unclear.

Looking at the SVG, Paolo, I think it can be made more friendly for
translations (sorry for not checking this earlier), something like
putting all the text to be translated outside the canvas and use
clones... is not a good idea to have the text to be translated twice,
one time as normal text and another time as a halo and everything under
a complex structure of groups.
Keep in mind that our translators are not necessary Inkscape power-users.