self introduction

Ádám Mészáros triptonemeister at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 09:09:01 UTC 2009

Hi!

I'm Ádám Mészáros from Hungary and, i joined this group to help the fedora
project web dev team. :-) I'm the lead frontend developer of In4 Ltd. We
create a wiki+google + mashup-s in one like semantic web search engine and
database, width a lot of integration level. We have a portal engine,
embedable apps (i can show the early alphas, if you request a beta key at
http://iglue.com/beta/ , the demo2 is an annotation tool to tag your website
width iGlue infos, demo3 is our internal search engine).

Experiences:

langs/frameworks/appservers:
ActionScript 1-3            - 5 years
Flash dev.(not design)  - 5 years
Flex 2-4 framework      - 3 years
javascript                     - 4 years
   - ExtJs                       - 1 year
   - jQuerry                    - 2 years
   - Moo Tools               - 1/2 year
j2ee                             - 3 years (e-government applications)
    - glassfish                - 1 year
    - tomcat                   - 3 years
    - hibernate               - 2 years
    - the oracle side       - 1 year (i develop a GIS frontend /w jDeveloper
10g)
    - sun One infras.       - 2 years
    - jsr168/268             - 1 year
phyton                         - 2 years (web scraping and search engine
prototyping)
.net/mono framework    - 5 years (e-government applications)
C#                               - 5 years
c++ (just the MSVC)     - 3 years (1998 -2000 so its not an up to date
skill)

db:
mySQL                          - 5 years
msSQL                          - 9 years
postgresSQL                 - 2 years
Oracle (just 10g)            - 1 year
monetDB                       - 1/2 year
berkleyDB                     - 1/2 year (fav!)

os:
Linux(fedora/redhat enterprise/ubuntu/gentoo)  - 5 years
Mac                                                                - 9 years
Windows                                                         - 15 years

Interests:
- Explore programming languages, i upgrade my skills now in: Groovy, Scala,
Nimrod, Haskell, Ruby.
- Amateur web design, and photo retouch: Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, Flash,
Illustrator
- Named entity recognition in natural languages (/w LingPipe + own
extensions and corpus)
- Music production  /w Cubase/Digital Performer/Logic and a lot of hardver
synths and 2 guitar :-)

Cheers, Ádám Mészáros