Adding Phone Browser support

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Fri Jul 17 19:36:19 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-18 at 06:33 +0530, Hiemanshu Sharma wrote:
> With increase in people using and downloading ISOs on Phone(atleast i do
> it), i think we need to add support for phone browsers as well. This can
> be done in many different ways. I suggest building a new website such as
> m.fedoraproject.org, but ricky things otherwise to use the CSS ability
> to implement support for Phones.
> I want to know what you people suggest on getting it done and if you
> think it is really worth the time to get something like this to be done.
> With almost all huge websites adding phone support its a good thing to
> walk with the world. So i am hoping for a nice little debate on this topic.

Well, why would someone want to view fpo on a phone browser?

They wouldn't want to download fedora from a phone browser right? If so,
we could drop those pages from the mobile version.

They probably would want to read planet and fedora news? Anything else
you can think of that might be useful to view on fpo while on the go?

~m