KDE

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 23 00:28:43 UTC 2009

On 2009-07-22 05:09:40 PM, David Woodard wrote:
> Well I went to the place where it is said to download KDE and spent over
> 4 hours to download it , it turns out that it also installed the GNOME.
> So where is the right file to download the KDE Please?
Hi, did you download the install DVD by any chance?  The DVD is the same
download link on both the KDE and GNOME pages because the KDE packages
are available on the DVD if you choose them during the installation.
The default desktop on the DVD happens to be GNOME, but you can install
KDE using the package manager as you normally would.

If you downloaded the Live CD instead, then in that case, it should
default to KDE if you got the right one.  The proper page for that is
http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-kde.

Thank,
Ricky