Language selection weirdness

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 9 19:08:55 UTC 2009

On 2009-06-09 09:58:40 AM, Peter Deacon wrote:
> Had a bunch of languages selected in my browser (IE7) with us english
> (en-US) the first on the list and chinese (zh-CN) second.
>
> For some reason when I went to fedora project everything appeared in
> chinese rather than using my first language preference choice.
Hi, I think the reason for this is that our English version uses the
language code "en," which isn't in your list.  If you add an entry for
just "en" first, the page should display in English.  Alternatively, you
can go to http://fedoraproject.org/en/ to force an English version.
We'll try to look at what the default language codes are in IE7 and make
sure that they work well with the site.

Thank for the report,
Ricky