making torrent files more accessable

Randolph Bentson rbentson at ups.edu
Sun May 17 04:52:23 UTC 2009

When Fedora 10 was released I fetched the torrent files and started a
client which uploaded much much more (about 1 TB) than I downloaded.
That was the good news, the bad news was that it took most of the
release day to fetch all the torrent files so that my client could fully
participate in all the torrents.

I'd like to avoid this delay for the Fedora 11 release. What's needed
to establish some servers whose sole purpose is to provide the torrent
control files?  Or, this could be carried one step further by creating a
zero-level torrent providing only the torrent control files? The control
file for this could be predistributed and the tracker not enabled until
the magic moment.

--
Randolph Bentson
University of Puget Sound