probing of my server

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 25 12:35:08 UTC 2009

On 2009-05-18 04:17:37 PM, jim nichols wrote:
> Someone from this web address was probing my server as an administrator using,
> I would guess a password generator and trying to access my site through a brute
> force attack. If you wish access to my server please respond and I will set you
> an account up as it is a music server for my friends.
> The probe was launched from 192.268.1.107 port 22
> please inquirer as to the reason for this... I understand as I was a geek
> myself and still am!
Sorry, but 192.268.1.107 isn't a valid IP address.  If you made a typo
and meant to say 192.168.1.107, then that's an IP in your local network,
which can't possibly be from us.

If you sent this because you saw a Fedora Test Page, please see
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Server_Test_Page for more information
about what that means.

Thanks,
Ricky