New Fedora 12 checksum are listed as SHA1 but are SHA256 Hash

V Stuart Foote VStuart.Foote at utsa.edu
Thu Nov 19 19:54:33 UTC 2009

OK Thanks! Yes that is not clear but makes sense about the PGP signature
tag for the CHECKSUM file itself.

It is just confusing to see it immediately above the hash values in the
in the file.  It suggests that they're SHA1 hashes. Most folks won't
perform the gpg --verify against the signature file as we've downloaded
it directly, and will read the hashes as provided against whatever hash
utility they've got to verify a clean/complete download.

Regards,

Stuart Foote