HTML/CSS status for web redesign

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 12:40:21 UTC 2009

(moved the reply to the bottom because otherwise it's tough for people
to follow the conversation)

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 12:09:19AM +0500, Hiemanshu Sharma wrote:
> 2009/9/30 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>:
> > Hi Websites team!
> >
> > I wanted to check in to find out a couple things about the HTML/CSS
> > work ongoing for the web redesign.  Sijis helpfully pointed me to the
> > right place to see the current status, and here's what I did (just
> > checking the English or 'en' version, not translations):
> >
> > $ su -c 'yum install python-genshi babel gettext'
> > $ git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-web.git
> > $ cd fedora-web/spins.fedoraproject.org
> > $ LANGUAGES=en make
> > $ make test         # then point Web browser at http://localhost:5000
> >
> > I see there's quite some progress being made toward the mockups that
> > Mo made[1].  So my questions are:
> >
> > * Hiemanshu is shown as the person in charge of this piece of work,
> >  although I know Sijis has been helping as well.  Thanks to both of
> >  you for that work.  Can you give the team a list of what remains to
> >  be done?
> >
> > * Are you making sufficient progress so that you'll be able to finish
> >  this piece of work, and the work for get.fp.o, by the projected date
> >  of October 20? [2]
> >
> > * Of the list of tasks remaining (see above), are there some with
> >  which you need help?
> >
> > Thanks for the info -- this should help others know how they could
> > help to finish this work.
> >
> > * * *
> > [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Website_redesign_2009/Mockups/Spins.fpo
> > [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Website_redesign_2009#Schedule
>
> Hello Paul,
>
> I have been a little busy with my school due to my tests. I will be
> getting back into business pretty soon :) Just need a couple of more
> days till i sort out my school stuff. Then i will have a lot of time
> to get the HTML/CSS conversion done. Sijis has been doing most of the
> part till now. I will helping him soon. Currently we are the only two
> people working on the HTML/CSS part and would really appreciate some
> help.

Sounds good, Hiemanshu.  On Saturday, could either you or Sijis post
some sort of summary of what's done, and what's left to do?  That
would help orient anyone who wants to help.  If we simply tell people
"we need help," and don't give them specific things to work on,
I've found they're not likely to take us up on the offer. :-)