Fedoracommunity.org index page

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 21:56:54 UTC 2009

2009/9/9 Máirín Duffy <mairin at linuxgrrl.com>:
> On 09/08/2009 03:08 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>>
>> #1) One way we could solve this would be to simply include the page
>> listing at the Fedora Community portal site somewhere, as static
>> content.  Ugh.
>>
>> #2) Renaming fedoracommunity.org is very ugly because people have been
>> accumulating subdomains there for months.  Plus, the domain name was
>> blessed by Legal last year (when we were still talking about
>> "MyFedora") because the domain name helps make it clear that we don't
>> own the site, and aren't responsible for content.
>
> Okay I missed this part.
>
> So it seems the only choice is to rename Fedora Community. I have no idea
> what it could be renamed to. Right now it's focused on package maintainers
> but we're hoping to expand it out more...
>
> How did this happen?

developers.fedoracommunity.org ?
makeit.fedoracommunity.org?

I think it would be a branch from the overall fedora community. Things
like this happen all the time.... the only ways that combat it are
adding in various layers of bureaucracy that has to approve every
project, etc. to slow down projects so that people could be more aware
of multiple namespace uses. (which rarely works because we jsut fill
up our waiting time with other things which then cause more layers
later on :)).

My experience leads me to believe its better to roll with the punches
and figure out how to move onward.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning