Fedoracommunity.org index page

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Thu Sep 10 13:49:02 UTC 2009

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009, Mel Chua wrote:

> 2. https://admin.fedoraproject.org/community/, a site that helps keep
> track of who is packaging what, and what state those packages are in.

Whether on purpose or simply because there is a need to differentiate,
most people refer to this as the Fedora Community Portal, at least that
I've seen.

Maybe it should have its own domain name, as opposed to what is
currently a pretty convoluted domain name for what is a really awesome
webapp?

> 3. http://fedoracommunity.org, the top-level domain for a few (only 2
> so far, it sounds like) local group homepages (such as
> http://ph.fedoracommunity.org/ for the Philippines).
> http://fedoracommunity.org itself is not up and running, but was
> supposed to be a directory for all such homepages.

Given what we use *.fedoracommunity.org for, the main index page of
fedoracommunity.org should (ignoring all design options) make it easy
for people to find out what all the subdomains are, right?

--Max