Zikula theme status

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Fri Sep 11 05:14:38 UTC 2009

Here's an update on where we're at now. Thanks to itbegins and affix for
helping me out today!

Here's the stuff still needing to be resolved:

• Author names - I can't figure out how to get real human names :( not
sure how. Also my method of linking to the author's profile is rather
hacky.

• Feature story - I'd like to have one story displayed in full
blinginess on the front page, it seems the news module has a way to do
this but I can't figure out how to make it work (how do you assign
'today's feature' to an article?)

• EZComments packaging - we need someone to package this ASAP. Any takers?

Here's the stuff that was resolved:

On 09/10/2009 09:42 AM, Máirí­n Duffy wrote:
> • Images - This is my biggest concern right now. If you want to post an
> image in an article, you can't. It won't let you. It just spits out the
> img tag in plain text. :(

Simon fixed this :) It had been disabled because of security reasons but
since only admins can edit articles it's probably okay.

> • Comments - I don't know how to get comments forms to appear beneath
> articles. From searching the Zikula forums, I found out thatEZcomments
> is a plugin that does it, but we don't seem to have it installed and I'm
> not sure if it's okay to install.

We need to have EZComments packaged - it not being installed is the
reason the comments tags aren't working for me.

> • RSS - I don't know how to do this. We need one feed for all articles
> and ideally at some point in the future a podcast and vodcast feed.

affix wrote a custom RSS feed but Simon pointed out Zikula has this
pre-built in, it was just broken (bc of a config setting I tweaked,
sorrys :( ) and it works now.

> • Links for sidebar articles - can't get them, variable is a mystery.
> When I use the usual variables all the sidebar article links (e.g.,
> individual event details links) come up blank or point to the main
> article being displayed.

Simon figured this one out. :)

~m