[Fedora-xen] Problems with Xen + FC5 + Thinkpad

Stephen C. Tweedie sct at redhat.com
Sat Apr 1 02:39:25 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 14:33 -0500, Robert Story wrote:

> Did you do the part about updating grub to include 'init 3' to disable X? If
> so, go back and delete the 'init' (you just need '3'). This fixed the dom0
> kernel hang I had.

> I asked someone in the #fedora irc channel to fix this, but it's still there.

Please open a bugzilla for this so we can look into it.  There is
nothing fundamentally incompatible between Xen and X: my Xen desktop,
running X, had an uptime of over 8 days when I shut it down earlier
today.  init 3 is *not* needed in general; if you have a specific
hardware config that isn't working under Xen with X, then that's
something that needs debugged.

Thanks,
 Stephen