[Fedora-xen] How to use xenguest-install.py to install to LVM?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Apr 11 14:36:19 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 10:35 +0200, Gregor Pirnaver wrote:
> The problem is that Fedora installation doesn't treat
> /dev/VolGroup00/root.webserver as a partion but like a whole disk. How can I
> change this? Or how else should I do it?

Yes, as it turns out, the entire OS expects to have _disks_, not
partitions.  And going through and changing those assumptions isn't that
reasonable.  Instead, you export disks and things work.

> BTW is there a way to mount "xvda" paritions?

You can use device-mapper (via, eg, kpartx) or lomount for mounting
partitions on an arbitrary block device like this

Jeremy