[Fedora-xen] Fedora, xen and Windoze

Andrew Cathrow acathrow at redhat.com
Wed Aug 9 14:59:04 UTC 2006

This is one of those areas where your mileage may vary ...

I recently installed XP in FC5 ( 2.6.17-1.2157 kernel). For reasons I
don't quite understand the regular XP cd didn't work - it hung early on
but the XP-with-sp2 cd worked like a charm.

See the following link for some more advice
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-06/msg00452.html

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 15:37 +0200, Christian Schuermann wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Has actually somebody managed to run Windows as domU? I'm asking because
> setup dies here just after "Setup is starting Windows 2000/XP". I've
> also tested FC6test2 but it doesn't even boot there.
>
> Regards, Chris
>
> --

Andrew Cathrow

Red Hat, Inc.