[Fedora-xen] XENBUS_PATH

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Thu Aug 24 19:17:04 UTC 2006

Folks,

I'm trying to get Xen working on FC5. I get some way through the
xenguest-install.py script, and realize that Networking isn't working.
I've tried setting via DHCP and manually, and can't ping to it. Key log
messages include:

/var/log/messages:
Aug 24 11:11:17 Enterprise5a logger: /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge: brctl
addif xenbr0 vif3.0 failed

/var/log/xen-hotplug.log:
./vif-common.sh: line 52: XENBUS_PATH: parameter null or not set

I'm guessing that I need to set XENBUS_PATH somewhere, but don't have a
clue where - or to what. Haven't found it in any of the docs that I've
searched.

I'm also guessing that my problem may be related to the two network
cards that I have on this AMD x86_64 system, but that's a wild guess.

Thanks,
Mike