[Fedora-xen] Suse10.1 under FC6

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sat Dec 2 22:29:57 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2 Dec 2006, Andrew Cathrow wrote:

> I've not got openSUSE installed - but I downloaded the kernel-xen and
> kernel-xenpae RPM's to check the file names.
> What I saw was that the pae kernels were in the kernel-xenpae rpm and
> had a pae suffix.
>
>     vmlinuz-2.6.16.13-4-xenpae
>
> The invalid argument error (helpful eh?) typically means pae /non-pae
> mismatch.

Perhaps it is an ABI change? Eg xen 3.0.3 vs 3.0.2?

Can't you boot the redhat xen kernel on the suse OS. There can't be much
serious differences. The only catch here is that you will need to hack
the redhat initrd image if you install it on the dom0, or grab an initrd
from a guest installed redhat machine.

Paul