[Fedora-xen] Moving existing machines to xen

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Dec 20 20:40:21 UTC 2006

I have several small machines which I would like to virtualize. I have
found that I can take a physical dump of the boot/root partition, copy
it to another machine, and boot it on the other machine. So the question
is, since I have hvm, can I do the same on xen, and just boot the
machine ready to go? Other than changing one line in the modules.conf
file to load the proper network driver, the original hardware is
compatible with the xen hvm machine.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
   CTO TMR Associates, Inc