[Fedora-xen] live cd and xen ?

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Feb 9 01:08:13 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH (chitlesh at fedoraproject.org) said:
> > We're doing good just to be booting Xen some days right now, much less
> > anything like a live CD.
> >
> > Jeremy
>
> So no one has been able to launch a live cd through xen then?

Well, if you exported the ISO as the root block device for Xen,
it wouldn't be booted in the same way the initrd for the CD
would boot, so you'd need a slightly tweaked initrd, which you'd
have to boot through the normal Xen mechanisms.

I suppose there's booting off of the CD via a VMX guest, but
it's a tad early for that sort of thing.

Bill