[Fedora-xen] No interface detected!

Jairaj Menon jmenon at spikesource.com
Thu Feb 16 19:53:40 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 13:39 -0500, Sam Folk-Williams wrote:

> Jairaj Menon wrote:
> > I am new to xen and trying to setup the same on a fc4 base. I would like
> > to setup two guest OS on xen FC3 and FC4.
> > I blindly followed fedoraXenQuickstart  url and installed FC3
> > base...everything worked fine so far ...i was able to initialize my FC3
> > guest OS as well...but it shows no network interface.
> > Can anyone help me to understand how can i bring the my FC3 guest OS on
> > the network.. ?
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Jairaj Menon

> Hi,
>
> When you are logged into the guest, can you do "netconfig" to set up a
> network device? This seems not to happen on FC3/4 automatically; after
> you run this command you should be able to access the network.
>
> Thanks,
> Sam

Sam,
Yes..i can run setup command and configure eth0, but when i execure
'service network restart', i see no output...same is the case after
issuing 'ifconfig'. I am not sure whats missing..same behaviour is
observed for FC3 and FC4 guests. I spent a lot of time searching the net
in case any one else faced similar problem and i am surprised...i never
got a single thread on this.

Thanks.
Jairaj Menon