[Fedora-xen] Basic FC5t3 Xen questions

Stephen C. Tweedie sct at redhat.com
Wed Feb 22 21:59:32 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 10:17 -0800, Ben wrote:

> Hey guys, I'm trying to try out xen on FC5t3 on x86_64, and have some
> basic install questions. The FC5 Xen quickstart mentions that I can
> use xenguest-install.py to install guest domains. That's cool, but it
> seems that:
>
> 1. it really wants to use file-backed domains. I want to use LVM-
> backed domains.

There's no such restriction; does the documentation imply that?  I use
LVM volumes for my guest domain installs with xenguest-install.py all
the time (in fact it is ages since I used a file for the backing store.)

> 2. it requires an install path to something. What is that a path to?

An http: url to an installable tree, or an nfs:$host:$path specification
to the same.

Cheers,
 Stephen