[Fedora-xen] Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [RFC] cleanup warning (redefine MMIO_SIZE)

Alex Williamson alex.williamson at hp.com
Thu Jun 1 14:43:36 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 13:47 +0200, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> Le Jeudi 01 Juin 2006 13:28, Akio Takebe a écrit :
> > Hi, all
> >
> > This issue is only for fedora-xen-ia64.
> > fedora-xen-ia64 turn on CONFIG_FB_NEOMAGIC in .config.
> > (xen-ia64-unstable is default turn off it)
> > In the case of CONFIG_FB_NEOMAGIC=y, MMIO_SIZE is redefine.
> > I think MMIO_SIZE in arch-ia64.h is only used
> > in arch-ia64.h and xen/arch/ia64/vmx/vmx_init.c.
> > Am I right?
> >
> > We should move some defines(e.g. MMIO_xxx) from public header
> > to not public header because they are used only
> > in vmx_init.c, shouldn't we?
> Yes.  In my opinion, arch-ia64.h must be as small as possible and identifiers
> should be in the 'xen' name space.  We are very far from the last point!

   I agree as well.  However, I also think the fedora-xen-ia64 tree
should turn off CONFIG_FB_NEOMAGIC.  AFAIK, there's absolutely no way
that you'd ever need to use the NeoMagic frame buffer driver on an ia64
system.  Thanks,

	Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.