[Fedora-xen] xend hang on during startup on Bridge firewalling registered

Christoph Ehret christoph.ehret at unifr.ch
Fri Jun 2 09:51:41 UTC 2006

Hi,

I just followed the instruction on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC5 but when I boot on
the LinuxXen kernel, it hangs on

"Starting xend: Bridge firewalling registered"

and then I have seven or more lines of

vif0.0: received packet with own address as source address

Now, if I start in interactive mode and does not start xend during boot,
I can then log into the system and then start xend . Here I have again
these lines of vif0.0: received ... , but at least xend finishes the
start process.

What have I to do that I works without having to start in Interactive
mode and that the vif0.0: received... messages disappear ? Just to
mention that my laptop is not connected to the internet, but this should
not be the problem I think, isn't it ?

Thanks for your answers.

Seeu

Chris