[Fedora-xen] Xen guest on RAID5 LVM (install problem)

Robert Mortimer rmortimer at bluechiptechnology.co.uk
Thu Jun 22 15:01:52 UTC 2006

I am trying to install a Xen FC5 client on my FC5 machine.

I have a single SATA boot drive with a standard FC5 install
I have a RAID5 array of 3 SATA disks for my VM's

I run the install script but and specify the path to the logical Volume when
prompted

All goes well until the script tries to format the partition.
If it has already been mounted it will recognize the fact
When it goes to format I get the following just after the network setup

loader received SIGSEGV!.  Backtrace:
[0x8049865]
[0x754420]
[0x8063ca0]
[0x805e5e1]
[0x804ad21]
[0x80cae75]
[0x8048131]
install exited abnormally
sending termination signals...done
sending kill signals...done
disabling swap...
unmounting filesystems...
        /proc done
        /dev/pts done
        /sys done
        /tmp/ramfs done
you may safely reboot your system

If I format the LVM with ext3 I get to the partitioning but it then craps
out on the format

Robert