[Fwd: Re: [Fedora-xen] kernel naming]

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Mar 8 18:38:31 UTC 2006

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>
To: Justin Conover <justin.conover at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fedora-xen] kernel naming
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 13:38:14 -0500

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 11:55 -0600, Justin Conover wrote:
> Apparently I missed this tidbit about kernel/name changes, back to the
> old style, any reason why yum didn't update them?  Guess it doesn't
> really matter for final since the installs will use the
> "new/old-style" name changes.

We didn't add the obsoletes given that the names were only ever used in
test releases/rawhide and updates between that and final aren't
guaranteed.

And the reason you missed the tidbit is that I forgot to send mail.  We
were having issues just getting rebased kernels working for a while and
then I forgot to send once the change actually went in.  We've gone back
to kernel-xen0 and kernel-xenU as that is needed to make it possible to
build extra kernel modules against these packages as defined by the
Fedora Extras Kernel Module Package Policy

Jeremy