[Fedora-xen] Unable to reboot a domU

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Thu Mar 16 02:53:17 UTC 2006

Well, I used a DRBD block device, so the -oloop mount option won't
work to mount my image. Oddly, I can't seem to mount the block device
either. Perhaps that's my real problem? (Though why it worked the
first time....?)

Anyway, my xen config file looks like this:

# Automatically generated xen config file
name = "mail"
memory = "512"
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/drbd2,xvda,w', 'phy:/dev/VolGroup00/
mailSwap,xvdb,w' ]
vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3e:75:d2:20' ]
bootloader="/usr/bin/pygrub"
on_reboot   = 'restart'
on_crash    = 'restart'

... where /dev/drbd2 is the DRBD block device holding both /boot/
and /. If I use fdisk to get a listing on /dev/drbd2, I see:

Disk /dev/drbd2: 31.4 GB, 31474057216 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 3826 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

/dev/drbd2p1   *           1          13      104391   83  Linux
/dev/drbd2p2              14        3826    30627922+  8e  Linux LVM

So it *seems* like I should be able to mount /dev/drbd2p1 or /dev/
drbd2p2. Alas:

# mount /dev/drbd2p1 /mnt
mount: special device /dev/drbd2p1 does not exist

# mount /dev/drbd2p2 /mnt
mount: special device /dev/drbd2p2 does not exist

I'd be happy to blame this on DRBD, but this did work for both
install and after the first reboot....