[Fedora-xen] "enhanced" xenguest-install.py

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Sun Mar 19 22:39:08 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 11:38 -0800, Ben wrote:
> I just finished testing my enhancements to xenguest-install.py that
> let me specify multiple volumes and multiple NICs to export to the
> new domU. Seems to work ok for me, though I'm only testing it on the
> paravirtualized server. In case anybody else would find such a thing
> useful, I've attached it here.

For the multi-disk case at least, it's definitely useful and the patch
in bugzilla would do wonders for getting it in the package ;-)

> (Note that I gave up on the default bridging script. It just didn't
> make sense to me when I wanted more than a single NIC. Instead, I
> used the logic on http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworkingSuse?
> highlight=%28XenNetworking%29 pretty much verbatim.)

Yeah, I'm not entirely happy with the default bridging setup, but am not
sure exactly what makes more sense.  I think we're pretty open to
suggestions and seeing what works for people.

Personally, my own preference is leaning more towards some form of NAT
setup.  This introduces complications with migration, though.

Jeremy