[Fedora-xen] xen domain creation problem

David Rhodus drhodus at machdep.com
Mon Mar 27 15:11:38 UTC 2006

Hello. I am having problems getting xen setup and working on a FC5
install.  I have been following the instructions from
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC5

[root at client ~]# xenguest-install.py
What is the name of your virtual machine? vmxen
 How much RAM should be allocated (in megabytes)? 256
  What would you like to use as the disk (path)? /home/vmxen
 How large would you like the disk to be (in gigabytes)? 4
 What is the install location?
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os/

Starting install...
Using config file "/etc/xen/vmxen".
Error: Error creating domain: The privileged domain did not balloon!
If your install has exited, you can restart your guest by running
'xm create -c vmxen'.  Otherwise, you can reconnect to the console
by running 'xm console vmxen'
[root at client ~]# xm create -c vmxen
Using config file "/etc/xen/vmxen".
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pygrub", line 256, in ?
    cf = get_config(file, isconfig)
  File "/usr/bin/pygrub", line 139, in get_config
    raise RuntimeError, "Unable to read filesystem"
RuntimeError: Unable to read filesystem
Error: Boot loader didn't return any data!
[root at client ~]# ls -l /home/vmxen
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4294967297 Mar 27 09:22 /home/vmxen
[root at client ~]#

I have attached xend-debug.log and xend.log files.

Any hints on what I should look at next ?

--
David Rhodus