[Fedora-xen] xen domain creation problem

Winston Chang winston at stdout.org
Mon Mar 27 16:46:39 UTC 2006

I think the first error (about the ballooning) happens because there
isn't enough RAM for your VM.  Once you fix that, you should be able
to run the installer properly.  You may need to set your dom0 memory
to your total memory minus 32MB (for xen) minus 256MB (for the fc5
installer).  I have 512MB of RAM and it wouldn't work until I set the
dom0 memory to 192MB.  There's a line in my grub.conf that I modified
to look like this:
   kernel /xen.gz-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 dom0_mem=196608

As for the second problem, about the boot loader.... I'm trying to
figure that out myself.

--Winston