[Fedora-xen] Best Practice for backing up running Virtual Machines

Lamont R. Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Tue May 16 19:11:05 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 12:06pm, Ignacio Verona wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Lamont,
>
> unfortunately, there is no easy way I can migrate to LVM my virtual
> machines, as it's a production server, with no spare partitions right
> now. Which kind of backup software are you referring to? We have been
> using backup PC for a while, and are pretty happy with that piece of
> software. Will it make the work?

(Please, reply to the whole list.  Thanks :) ).

I haven't used backup PC, so I can not comment on it.

I was thinking of Amanda (for an open source choice) or TapeWare (looks like
they changed to name to Backup Standard) [ http://www.yosemitetech.com/ ] for
the best commercial backup software I have personally used.
--
Lamont R. Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>
Senior Instructor