[Fedora-xen] Re: Heads-up: Requiring PAE for running Xen

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat May 20 15:50:28 UTC 2006

On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 05:47:40PM +0200, Jos Vos wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 02:07:59PM -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
>
> > 2) Switch the 32-bit xen kernels to require PAE.  For most "current"
> > non-laptop hardware, this is a non-issue.  It does mean that xen won't
> > work a lot of earlier PentiumM laptops
>
> Will the kernel src.rpm stay supporting building non-PAE kernels (via
> changing some macro)?

That's doomed to break, reminds me of the switch to allow
kernel-source(code) to build. Once it's off by default, noone will
look anymore into it, and one day it will be removed as cruft (which
it will have become ;).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net