[Fedora-xen] Easiest way to compile custom kernel, for fedora +openswan+xen+patchomatic

Gawain Lynch gawain.lynch at bigpond.com
Tue May 30 02:25:10 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 00:19 -0500, Tom Bishop wrote:
> I want to compile a custom xenU kernel for a firewall distribution
> (endianfw, version of ipcop), I can get it to load up but the kernel
> is missing some modules that aren't resident.  So I want to make a
> custom version for this domU, I know what I need kernel+openswan+xen
> +patch-o-matic but I not sure the best way to go about this, do I
> patch a fedora source or start with a vanilla kernel?  I know what I
> want but am unsure what is the best way?  I have read that this has
> been done under cool configurations but they didn't go into much
> detail.  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Hi Tom,

I am working on a similar thing.  What I have done is taken the FC5
kernel SRPM and ported the changes from the one from Endian developer
SRPMS (based on FC3).

You will need to grab patch-o-matic from SVN and update a few things but
all will build and boot OK.

If you like I can send you the updated SRPM I have built (based on
2122).

Take care,

Gawain