-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-xen-bounces redhat com
[mailto:fedora-xen-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Behpoornia, Kamal
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 11:22 AM
To: fedora-xen redhat com
Subject: [Fedora-xen] Installing winXP using XM config file

I have created a config file for installing WinXP as a VM. See listing
at the end.

I am not able to install WinXP.

Here's what happens:

1- I have created my config file
2- I copy the WinXP ISO image to /tmp
3- I issue "xm create myconfig" ==> domain starts. Nothing else comes up
on the screen.
4- I issue "xm list" and I see my new VM listed, but the status is 'b'
for blocked.

However, if I set the boot param in the config file to "d" and issue
"create" the domain starts.
The status is 'r' but still nothing else happens.

Can someone help please?

Thank you,
- Kamal

******** content of my Config file *****************
import os, re
arch = os.uname()[4]
if re.search('64', arch):
    arch_libdir = 'lib64'
else:
    arch_libdir = 'lib'

name = "Windows_XP"
builder = "hvm"
memory = "500"
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/VG_Guests/WinXP,hda,w', ]
vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0', ]
device_model = "/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm"
kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
cdrom = "/tmp/WINXP.iso"
boot = "c"
sdl=1