[Fedora-xen] How to duplicate virtual machines installed on a entire partition?

Walter Souto wsouto at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 15:42:33 UTC 2006

Hi,

First, I'm sorry if that subject has been explored here before. I'd check
the list on a few last months and found nothing, so...

I'm currently using FC6 and did use virt-manager to install one vm on a
partition /dev/sda5 (not a file) using the default layout inside this
filesystem. So, there's a way to duplicate the entire /dev/sda5 to /dev/sda6
for example? I think I can copy the entire partition using gnu-parted or
something, but I'm not sure if it's the best way.

What I'm looking for is a way to create a image of the entire filesystem
that I can simple restore to another partition and boot it up with xen. What
you guys usually doing about that? I'm not sure if dump can do that, so I
tried dump without sucess (I'm not know what I'm doing for sure).

TIA,
--
Walter.