Re: [Fedora-xen] error with virt-manager

Daniel P. Berrange ha scritto:
On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 04:47:58PM +0100, Cristina Tanzi Tolenti wrote:

Hi,

I would like to create a FC4 guest over my new FC6 domain, so I use
virt-manager...when I finish the wizard I have this error:

Guest Install Error
ERROR: Invalid URL location given: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Date: Wed,
08 Nov 2006 15:37:00 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat)
Last-Modified: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 15:16:09 GMT
ETag: "2896fb-1051-cc6be040"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

Why?

It is trying to fetch the Xen kernel from the download location. Since
FC4 does not support Xen there is no kernel to fetch & this you get this
404 error. We should do better reporting in this case really.

this is the summary:
machine name: lokildap
virtualization method: paravirtualized
installation source:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/
kickstart source:
Disk image /xen/fedora/fc4
disk size: 4000mb
Maximum memory: 256 mb
Initial memory: 128mb
Virtual CPU: 1

Since FC4 has no Xen support you'll need to do a fully-virtualized
install instead (assuming you have VT support in your CPU)

Regards,
Dan.

Unfortunately my CPU don't support VT, and if I try RHEL4.4 instead of FC4?

thany you