[Fedora-xen] No console and other woes Xen and FC6

OK, I’m using (or trying to use) Xen on FC6, everything completely bog standard. I’m obviously really missing something because I’ve been going nowhere.

I can fire up the vm manager GUI, configure a new vm, drop FC6 on it (and obviously see the domain-0), both the Xen demons are running. However, after the vm tries to reboot during the install, it *disappears* from the vm manager, and try as I might I can’t find a way to restart the vm.

So then I tried saving the sate of the vm before rebooting it, using the “save” menu item, which I presume squirts some kind of state image to disk. However, I can’t get on the console of a saved and restored machine using the virtual machine manager, I just get a message saying “The console is currently unavailable” despite the fact that the vm manger quite happily says the vm is running.

Also, the vm manager *deletes* the state image without offering you the opportunity to preserve it as soon as you “restore” it!

I think the menu terminology used for this user interface is not very well thought out really. Perhaps “Irretrievably Break” would be a better label than “Restore” on the menu for this item?

Anyway, I’m sure it’s all good stuff, I just need to find out how to make it work before chucking the computer off my fifth floor balcony.

Any advice gratefully received….

Cheers

Ben