[Fedora-xen] virt-manager gives "The console is currently unavailable" in FC6

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Nov 14 01:23:49 UTC 2006

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 05:08:48PM -0800, Ranganathan, Shobha wrote:
> I am trying to install unmodified guest FC5 in host Os FC6.
>
> I am using virt-manager and upon gathering all information, when I click
> finish, the GUI shows me "The console is currently unavailable".

This basically means that virt-manager was unable to successfully connect
to the VNC server which exports the guest framebuffer / console. Since
you say this is with fully virt, it probably means that the qemu-dm process
failed to startup correctly - since VNC itself rarely fails I imagine some
other bit of the guest config broke - network / disk setup being most likely

> What is wrong ? xm list shows the guest as blocked. I see error messages
> in xend-debug.log and xend.log

What are the errors you see - they may well help diagnose the problem
you are encountering ? Also check for /var/log/xen/qemu-dm*.log for
info about the fully-virt device model startup

Regards,
Dan.