Re: [Fedora-xen] scp in FC6 + Xen gets stuck in "stalled" stage

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Ranganathan, Shobha wrote:

> I am trying to get scp to work. It gets stuck displaying "stalled"
> message.

> This happens in the Xen that I built with xen-3.0.3-rc3 which builds it
> with 2.6.16.29 kernel in Fedora Core 6.

> I boot into Fedora provided   FC6 Xen host and tried scp and it works.

Looks more like an MTU isuse. Try using clamping:

iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS  --clamp-mss-to-pmtu

Otherwise, try pinging with different size packets until it fails, and then use
the last successful packet size (eg 1440) to:

iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS --set-mss 1440

Paul