[Fedora-xen] error when trying to connect with virt-manager

I am doing a new install of Fedora Core 6, trying to use the virt-manager app to create fully virtualized guests on an Intel VT-enabled system. I have read the Fedora Xen Quickstart guide and have verified that the Xen kernel is running  (via uname –r) and that Xen is started (via xm list). After starting virt-manager, clicking “Local Xen host” in the Open connection box, and clicking Connect I get the following error:

Unable to open a connection to the Xen hypervisor/daemon

            Verify that:

            - A Xen host kernel was booted

            - The Xen service has been started

Has anyone else seen this?