[Fedora-xen] : "Guest Install Error" while creating a para virtualized guest with virt manager on FC6

Ian Brown ianbrn at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 20:00:57 UTC 2006

Hello,
I have fc6 which runs on AMD x86_64. I have SVM support in this
processor; still I want
to create x86_64 fully virtualized guest OS , based on FC6.

So I ran virt-mananger (I have virt-manager-0.2.3-2.fc6 rpm , which
came with the installation).

After I enter parameters and click "finish" it starts doing something,
but after about a minute or two it stops giving the following error:
"Guest install error"
ERROR: VirDomainCreateLinux() failed

I had tried this 3 times, each time getting the same error.

The parameters I had chosen are:
 MachineName: guestFC6
 Virtulaization Method: Paravirtualized
 installation source:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/x86_64/os/
 Disk Image: /work/xenGuest/guest
 Disk Size: 2000MB
 Maximum memory: 500 MB
 Initial memory: 500 MB
 Virtual CPUs:   1

Am I doing something wrong ? is there some log where the errors are
more detailed ?

Regards,
IB