[Fedora-xen] Intel graphics problems: [ajackson at redhat.com: Fedora Core 6 Test Update: xorg-x11-server-1.1.1-47.1.fc6]

Sven Oehme oehmes at de.ibm.com
Tue Nov 28 08:02:21 UTC 2006

with this package my system with a ATI X700 card is no longer able to
start X at all , i had to boot in runlevel 3 after upgrade, if i boot in 5
the system freezes immediately.
on my Laptop with a ATI V5200 Card X crashes every 2-3 time i start a AVI
playback. With a Intel Card in a 3 system it works fine for me .

Sven

bloch at verdurin.com
Sent by: fedora-xen-bounces at redhat.com
11/27/06 11:05 PM

"Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com>
cc
fedora-xen at redhat.com
Subject
Re: [Fedora-xen] Intel graphics problems: [ajackson at redhat.com: Fedora

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> For anyone with an Intel graphics card who is experiancing hangs upon
> boot / starting X under the Xen kernel, then I recommend testing this
> updated X server RPm from updates-testing. It makes X use its own
> x86 realmode emulator instead of relying on Xens.  Send feedback to
> the fedora-test-list at redhat.com  if you have issues with this update.

Just to point out that the update made no substantial difference in my
case.  The system doesn't crash but X still fails to start.