[Fedora-xen] Brigde configuration

Tiago Cruz tiagocruz at ig.com.br
Fri Oct 27 22:25:12 UTC 2006

Hello again fedora-guys!

I'm getting one strange problem with FC5 running on XEN 3.0.3 x64, and I
suspect of my bridge configuration (I never did this before on fedora):

File sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:
DEVICE=eth0
TYPE=Ethernet
BRIDGE=xenbr0
ONBOOT=yes

File sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-xenbr0:
DEVICE=xenbr0
TYPE=BRIDGE
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=yes

Is it correct this bridge configuration?

Because I have a lot of messages on my console, like this (dmesg):

printk2: 2 messages suppressed
vif0.0: "received packet with own address as source address"
printk2: 4775 messages suppressed
vif0.0: "received packet with own address as source address"
printk2: 165845 messages suppressed
vif0.0: "received packet with own address as source address"
printk2: 186540 messages suppressed
xenbr0: port 3(eth0) entering disabled state
xenbr0: port 1(vif0.0) entering disabled state
device eth0 left promiscuous mode
audit(1161983401.126:10): dev=eth0 prom=0 old_prom=256 auid=4294967295
xenbr0: port 3(eth0) entering disabled state

And the worst part: The MRTG point to my machine with XEN running one
absurd volume of output data sent (normal is around 6 MB/s) and when XEN
is working we get 80 MB/s until my DRAC is alive... after this, the
machine crash, DRAC stop to reply, swith stop do work together...

Anyone knows whats happening now? ;)

Many thanks for any comments!
Tiago Cruz