[Fedora-xen] netloop

Curtis Doty Curtis at GreenKey.net
Fri Apr 13 20:52:46 UTC 2007

Am I going about this wrong? It's quite trivial to deadlock the Fedora
kernel.

# modprobe netloop ; rmmod netloop
unregister_netdevice: waiting for veth3 to become free. Usage count = 1
unregister_netdevice: waiting for veth3 to become free. Usage count = 1
unregister_netdevice: waiting for veth3 to become free. Usage count = 1

This is without doing anything else with xend or the other modules. So
why/who/what grabbed a hold of that veth?

I just did this today on 2.6.20-1.2933 and have done it before with one or
more of the 2.6.18 builds.

../C